Monday, May 16, 2011

Final Preperations

All that is left is to spend time together. Hug the kids and cherish these moments. The Man will miss Little Man's first steps, his first "actual words", summer vacation, his birthday, my birthday...

So is the life of the military.

Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't change it for the world. We have a GOOD life. But preparing for an extended goodbye never gets easier.

Don't tell him...but I will actually miss when he pokes me to intentionally bother me. I will miss the having dinner ready and him being late for the 3rd time this week. The little things in every day life that sometimes get under my skin...I will miss.

His bag is packed and sitting in the middle of the living room floor. It's real. It's happening. Soon.

I will get the kids through this deployment with dignity and grace. I will make daddy a part of every activity we do. I will make sure they KNOW their daddy loves them more than anything in the world.

So here we go...I'm off to stock up on flat rate shipping boxes. Care Packages are what I look forward to sending while he is gone.

2 comments:

  1. Aww! Hugs to you! It's never easy when they go! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that day like yesterday and now we are on the other side. Little ones make it harder and easier all at the same time! I haven't read far enough to see where you guys are but I am always here to listen and laugh. haha. HUMOR is all.

    Shana
    Tiarasandacus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete